Cocoa Drop Cookies
Mom Bullough
When I think of my mom making cookies these are the ones I think of. I remember coming home from school and seeing these beautiful cookies all frosted all lined up on the counter waiting for us to dunk them in milk and gobble them up.
1/2 Cup shortening
1 Cup sugar
1 egg
3/4 cup buttermilk
1 t. vanilla
1 3/4 Cup flour
1/2 t. baking soda
1/2 t salt
1/4 cup cocoa
1 Cup chopped nuts
Preheat oven to 400* F.
Cream shortening and sugar. Add egg. Stir in buttermilk and vanilla. Sift together and stir in: flour, soda, salt and cocoa. Stir in nuts. Chill for an hour. Roll a rounded teaspoonful in powdered sugar and bake on slightly greased baking sheet. For 8 to 10 minutes. Frost when cold if desired.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment